PVSE, PVSEng, PVSEngd
- PVSE, PVSEng, PVSEngd are flexible wires with stranded copper conductors with PVC insulation, a common shield made of alumoflex (aluminum foil) and a PVC sheath.
- They are designed for connecting electrical machines and appliances for household and similar use to the electrical network with a rated alternating voltage of up to 450/750 V, in places where protection from external electromagnetic radiation is required.
- They are used for stationary installation of electrical devices, connection of mobile mechanisms and devices to electrical networks and for the manufacture of extension cords, in places where it is necessary to reduce the influence of external electromagnetic radiation, as well as reduce the noise level and reduce the impact on surrounding electrical devices.
10 years – in stationary devices
for wires with a conductor cross-section of 1.5 and 2.5 mm sq. - not less than 160 mm;
for wires with a conductor cross-section of 4.0 - 16 mm sq. - not less than 300 mm.
operation: from -25°С to + 40°С
The copper core is not indicated in the wire marking;
P – wire;
V – PVC-compound insulation;
S – connecting;
E – shielded;
«ng» – does not support combustion;
«ngd» – does not support combustion, with reduced smoke and gas emission.
|Conductors: copper, multi-wire (class 5 of The National Standards of Ukraine EN 60228)|
|Insulation: PVC compound|
|Number of conductors||Nominal cross-section of conductors, mm2|
|2, 3, 4, 5||0,5 - 16|
- The National Standards of Ukraine 4809:2007
- PVSE - PB 1XXXXXXXX
- PVSEng - PB 12XXXXXXX
- PVSEngd - PB 122111XXX
The wires PVSE, PVSEng, PVSEngd are a shielded analogue of the flexible connecting wire PVS and can be used for both fixed and mobile connections. These are flexible connecting wires with stranded copper conductors, PVC insulation, a common alumoflex (aluminum foil) shield and PVC sheath.
PVSE, PVSEng, PVSEngd are designed to connect electrical machines, household electrical appliances and power tools to an electrical network with a rated alternating voltage of up to 450/750 V, in places where it is necessary to provide protection from external electromagnetic radiation, reduce its effect on surrounding electrical appliances and reduce the level of noise. They are used for stationary installation of electrical devices and for connecting mobile mechanisms and devices to the electrical network.
They are used to connect washing machines, vacuum cleaners, microwave ovens, refrigerators, boilers, convectors, air conditioners, fans, electric kettles, household lamps and small mechanization devices: connecting lawn mowers, electric saws, pumps, cultivators, etc.
PVSE is also widely used for the manufacture of various extension cords.
PVSE wires are flame retardant in case of single laying. And wires PVSEng and PVSEngd do not spread combustion also when laid in bundles.
The «ng» index in the wire marking means that the product does not support the spread of combustion and is most often used in places with a high probability of fire and increased requirements for fire safety. And the index «ngd» denotes a wire that not only does not spread combustion, but also has the property of emitting a minimum amount of smoke under the influence of high temperatures. It is most suitable for places with a particularly high risk of fire and in conditions of special fire-prevention measures to protect people.
PVSE wire is made using copper conductors of the 5th class of flexibility (class 5 of the National Standards of Ukraine EN 60288). The conductors are stranded from copper wires, due to which they have excellent flexibility, and are covered with PVC insulation. Insulation of individual conductors has different colors for ease of installation. The protective shield of the wires is made of aluminum foil (alumoflex).
The outer sheath of PVSE is also made of PVC compound and is applied with filling in the gaps between the conductors, which gives the wire a rounded shape. And the PVSEng and PVSEngd sheaths are made of PVC plastic compound, which does not spread combustion.
PVSE, PVSEng, PVSEngd are intended for operation at ambient temperatures from -25°C to +40°C.
The wires can be laid without preheating at a temperature not lower than -20°С.
The minimum bending radius during operation must be at least:
- for wires with a conductor cross-section of 0.75 and 1.0 mm2 – 120 mm;
- for wires with a conductor cross-section of 1.5 and 2.5 mm2 – 160 mm;
- for wires with a conductor cross-section of 4.0 – 16 mm2 – 300 mm.
The long-term permissible heating temperature of wire conductors during operation is + 70°C. And the service life of the wires:
– 6 years – with non-stationary laying;
– 10 years – in stationary devices.
The guaranteed service life is 2 years.
EUROPAN Cable Plant produces shielded PVSE connecting wires of various cross-sections, as well as other cable and wire products. A wide range of certified wires, power and control cables, cords, as well as cables and wires for special purposes, highly qualified personnel, an individual approach, favorable prices from the manufacturer and fast delivery – these are the components of a successful purchase. On our website, you can choose the necessary guide, familiarize yourself with its technical characteristics and place an order, and our managers will be happy to provide you with any assistance in choosing a product.