AKVVG, AKVVGng, AKVVGngd
- AKVVG, AKVVGng, AKVVGngd are control cables with aluminum conductor, PVC insulation and sheath.
- They are designed for fixed connection to electrical devices, apparatuses, terminal block jumpers of electrical switchgear with a rated alternating voltage up to 660 V, frequency up to 100 Hz or a constant voltage up to 1000 V.
- They are used for laying in rooms, channels, tunnels, in an aggressive environment, provided there is no mechanical stress on the cable. The cable can be laid outdoors provided it is protected from mechanical damage and exposure to direct sunlight. It can be laid in the ground (in trenches) while ensuring the protection of the cable at the points of exit to the surface.
operation: -50°С to +50°С
A – aluminum conductor;
K – control cable;
V – PVC compound insulation;
V – PVC compound outer sheath;
G – without armor («bare»);
«ng» – flame – retardant;
«ngd» – flame – retardant, with reduced smoke and gas emission.
|Conductors: aluminum single-wire (class 1 DSTU EN 60228)|
|Insulation: PVC compound|
|Number of conductors||Nominal cross-section area of the key conductors, mm2|
|4, 5, 7, 10, 14, 19, 27, 37||2,5|
|4, 5, 7, 10, 14, 19||4,0; 6,0; 10|
Cables AKVVG, AKVVGng, AKVVGngd refer to the control cables. These are cables with an aluminum conductor, PVC insulation and sheath. The are designed for stationary connection to electrical devices, apparatuses, terminal block jumpers of electrical switchgear with a rated alternating voltage up to 660 V, frequency up to 100 Hz or a constant voltage up to 1000 V.
AKVVG, AKVVGng, AKVVGngd are mainly used for single laying in cable structures and rooms. They are also widely used in tunnels, chnnels, high mountain areas and outdoors in aggressive environments, provided there is no risk of mechanical damage and exposure to direct sunlight. The group laying is allowed only in outdoor electrical installations and industrial premises using additional passive fire protection equipment. The laying in the ground (in trenches) is allowed if the cable is protected at the points of exit to the surface.
The types of AKVVG with letter indices «ng» and «ngd» are used in places of increased fire hazard, as well as for laying in bundles. The «ng» marking indicates that the AKVVGng cable does not spread combustion. And the «ngd» index indicates that the AKVVGngd cable does not support combustion and has a low level of smoke emission in the event of a fire
The design of AKVVG consists of several insulated aluminum single-wire conductors of the 1st flexibility class (class 1 of DSTU EN 60228). The number of conductors varies from 4 to 37. The insulated conductors are stranded together and color-coded or numerically marked. Each conductor is covered with a layer of PVC compound. The upper outer sheath of the cable is made of the same material. The special PVC of low ignition, which is used for AKVVGng and AKVVGngd cables, allows them to be laid in bundles.
You can contact the experts of EUROPAN LLC and get more detailed information about the design of the cable, as well as consultation on the selection of the weight and diameter of the conductor, taking into account the load power.
The operating temperature of AKVVG, AKVVGng, AKVVGngd ranges from -50 °C to + 50 °C. The maximum air humidity reaches 98% at a temperature of + 35 °С. The installation process does not need the preheating at a temperature more than -15 °C.
The minimum bend radius during installation must be at least 6 outer cable diameters.
The long-term permissible conductor heating temperature during operation is + 70 °C.
The service life of the conductor is:
- at least 20 years – when laying in the ground (in trenches) and on overpasses, provided the cable is protected from ultraviolet radiation;
- at least 25 years – when laying in rooms, tunnels, channels.
The guaranteed service life is 3 years.
Our website provides detailed information about the AKVVG control cable and its copper analogue KVVG, as well as about other cable and wire products. Here you can select and order the necessary cable in bulk from stock and custom-built. Our managers will advise you on any issues related to the order and help arrange delivery anywhere in Ukraine. EUROPAN Cable Plant offers its customers only high-quality certified products of its own production of a wide range at the manufacturer’s price.