KVVGz, KVVGzng, KVVGzngd
- KVVGz, KVVGzng, KVVGzngd are control cables with copper conductors, PVC insulation and sheath, with filling
- They are designed for fixed connection to electrical devices, apparatuses, terminal block jumpers of electrical switchgears with a rated alternating voltage up to 660 V, a frequency up to 100 Hz or a constant voltage up to 1000 V.
- They are laid in conditions where there is a need of the cable gland at the input to electrical equipment. They are used for laying in rooms, channels, tunnels, in an aggressive environment, provided there is no mechanical stress on the cable. They can be laid outdoors, provided they are protected from mechanical damage and exposure to direct sunlight. The laying in the ground (in trenches) is allowed while ensuring the protection of the cable at the points of exit to the surface.
- 25 years when laid in rooms, tunnels, channels
- 3 x outer diameter - for cables with outer diameter up to 10 mm inclusive;
- 4 x outer diameter - for cables with an outer diameter over 10 to 25 mm inclusive;
- 6 x outer diameter - for cables with outer diameter over 25 mm
operation: -50°С to +50°С
The copper conductor;
K – control cable;
V – PVC compound insulation of conductors;
V – PVC compound outer sheath;
G – without armor («bare»);
z – filling of the inter-conductors space;
«ng» – does not support combustion;
«ngd» – does not support combustion, with reduced smoke and gas emission.
|Conductors: copper single-wire (class 1 DSTU EN 60228)|
|Insulation: PVC compound|
|Number of conductors||Nominal cross-section area of the key conductors, mm2|
|2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 14, 19, 27, 37||0,75; 1,0; 1,5; 2,5|
|4, 5, 7, 10, 14, 19||4,0; 6,0; 10|
KVVGz, KVVGzng, KVVGzngd are control cables with copper conductors, PVC insulation and sheath, with filling. They are designed for fixed connection with the electrical equipment with a rated alternating voltage up to 660 V and a frequency up to 100 Hz or a constant voltage up to 1000 V.
Control cables KVVGz, KVVGzng, KVVGzngd are mainly used in conditions where there is a need of the cable gland at the input to electrical equipment, and for single laying in cable structures and rooms. They are also widely used in tunnels, channels, high-altitude areas, outdoors in an aggressive environment, provided there is no risk of mechanical damage and the cables are protected from the direct sunlight. The laying in earth trenches is allowed, provided that the cable is protected at the points of exit to the surface. The group laying is allowed only in outdoor electrical installations and industrial premises using additional passive fire protection equipment.
Cable types with letter indices «ng» and «ngd» are used in conditions of the increased risk of a fire, and can also be used for group laying. The «ng» index indicates that the KVVGzng cable does not spread combustion. And the index «ngd» denotes that KVVGzngd cable does not support combustion and has a low level of smoke emission in the event of a fire.
The design of KVVGz consists of several isolated from each other single-wire copper conductors of the 1st flexibility class (class 1 of DSTU 60288), with the number from 4 to 37. The conductors are covered with a layer of PVC compound, stranded together and are color-coded or digitally marked. Each layer contains a marker pair of conductors, which differ in color from the rest of the conductors and from each other. The insulated conductors are encased in a PVC sheath, and the gaps between them are filled with PVC or nonvulcanized rubber compound, which gives the cable an almost round shape.
You can get more detailed information about the cable design, as well as help in choosing the most suitable solution, taking into account the permissible load power, individual wishes and laying conditions, from the managers of EUROPAN LLC.
The operating temperatures of KVVGz, KVVGzng, KVVGzngd ranges from -50°C to +50°C. At the same time, the installation without preheating is possible at a temperature not lower than -15°C. The maximum permissible air humidity at which the cable performs its functions is 98% at a temperature of +35°C.
Long-term permissible heating of conductor during operation should not exceed +70°С.
In order to avoid damage to the cable during installation, one must observe the permissible bend radius of the conductor, which in turn depends on the cable diameter and the ambient temperature. Thus, when laying KVVGz at an air temperature of at least 0°C, the bend radius is at least:
– 3 cable diameters – for cables with outer diameter up to 10 mm inclusive;
– 4 cable diameters – for cables with an outer diameter over 10 to 25 mm inclusive;
– 6 cable diameters – for cables with outer diameter over 25 mm.
Provided the proper installation and operation, the service life of the conductor is at least 20 years from the date of manufacture when laying in earth trenches and on overpasses, subject to protection from ultraviolet radiation, and at least 25 years when laying in rooms, tunnels, channels. The guaranteed service life is 3 years.
On the website of EUROPAN LLC you can select and buy a high-quality control cable KVVGz, certified in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine. You may also find various options for its execution – KVVG and KVVGE. Our managers will advise you on any issues related to the order, help you choose the necessary products, or provide a ready-made solution for your technical requirements. For consultation, you can use the contact information on our website.